New Year’s Resolution #1: Take better care of my skin!
It seems that with each New Year we are all trying to make those changes that will make us better people or somehow impact our lives. The typical resolutions of eating a better diet or starting an exercise program are all well and good, but did you ever think about making a resolution to make your skin the best it can be? Well here are a few good resolutions to get your skin refreshed and renewed for 2014.
- Use sunscreen. Simple enough but sometimes a forgotten step in the skin care regimen. Daily sunblock even in the winter is the single best thing you can do for your skin.
- Get a sunscreen that contains physical elements such as zinc oxide and titanium. We’ll excuse you from sunscreen use, but only at night.
- Moisturize. Ahhhh, that is what your skin is going to say when you start keeping it hydrated. Just like your body gets thirsty for hydration, so does your skin. The telltale signs of dry skin are micro cracks and flaking. Just take a minute immediately after bathing to slather on body lotion while your skin is still damp. Your skin will thank you.
- Get facials. Exfoliation is the name of the game when it comes to keeping your skin aglow. This is a great way to gain some down time and pamper yourself while giving your skin a little TLC. Usually this will only take 30 minutes to an hour out of your day once or twice a month and the benefits will show with less problematic skin, wrinkles and pigmentation issues.
- Pamper your eye area. Often overlooked by us, but not by other people. Your eyes are what people usually look at first. Take the extra time to treat your eye area to a good eye cream. Since the eye area skin is thinner you may want to test the eye cream on a spot somewhere around your neck to make sure the cream won’t cause irritation. There is also a great gadget called the Clarisonic Opal that helps the cream penetrate your skin more effectively, plus it feels good!
Check out our cool January specials at Charlotte Skin & Laser to help you with your New Year skin resolution!