This Fall: take care of your sun damage!
Did you get a little too much sun this summer? Are you suddenly noticing brown spots or sun spots that you swear weren’t there in May?
We can help! We have not only topical products that can help; we have a wide variety of lasers treatments.
Laser skin rejuvenation refers to the use of laser and light treatments to restore aging skin to a smoother and more youthful appearance. This term includes several different non-invasive techniques used to treat wrinkles, sagging skin, brown spots, enlarged pores and more.
Different types of laser treatments are used to treat different skin conditions and can be used to treat skin on face, chest, arms and legs. Some of the most commonly used procedures to remove sun damage include:
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) – Light therapy that penetrates deep in the skin and does not injure the surface, used to reduce red and brown blotches and discolorations.
- Long pulse Alexandrite or GentleLase – Removes unwanted freckles and sun spots.
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) – Two-part procedure that makes the skin more sensitive to light and then uses the light to reduce redness, age spots and freckles with minimal downtime. Often used with VBeam and IPL.
- Fraxel Re:Store Dual– A combination wave length laser that offers the convenience of non-ablative procedures with little to no down time. It treats deep tissue to target wrinkles, texture and collagen rebuilding. The upper layers are also targeted to effect brown spots and pigmentation.
- Q-Switched Laser- A multi-wavelength laser that targets pigment in the skin. Reduces the pigment in the skin in both the upper and lower levels of the skin without disruption to the surface of the skin.
Chemical Peels are often utilized to treat sun damaged skin. A light chemical peel can help correct minor sun damage. Chemical peels can also be used in conjunction with laser treatments for more severe sun damage and brown spots.
A cosmetic consultation will help determine the best treatment for you. We are here to help and want you to feel and look your best!