Its summer time so who doesn’t want to be in their sandals? I love when I can wear flip flops or sandals every day! But I hate when my feet look awful! It is so embarrassing to have really dry feet, or cracked heels. Everyone can see it when I wear my sandals.
I asked Dr. Rostan for some tips and here is what she shared:
- Use skin softening creams that contain glycolic acid, urea, ammonium lactate, salicylic acid or a combination of both. These are used to soften thick, rough, hardened areas of skin such as feet, knees & elbows.
- Use a pumice stone (or file, scrubs) to remove dead skin, but you must follow with a moisturizer (like one containing the above listed ingredients)
- Any creams that have the above ingredients can burn and sting if there are cracks in the skin.
Maintenance is essential – it will recur when use is stopped.
Rubbing and filing the skin without subsequent hydration and softening will cause the skin to get thicker.
Extra effect – add grease (Vaseline or aquaphor on top of the above cream) and socks overnight. This will help soften the skin, but won’t remove dead skin cells.
Some of our favorite products to help:
- Glytone Heel & Elbow Cream- this is the strongest one we have! Free Glycolic Acid that retexturizes, softens and smoothes dry rough elbows and heels.
- CS&L Urea Spray- great to use in the morning when you don’t want greasy feet
- Elta Moisturizer- put this on before bed and put some socks on over it.
- CeraVe SA- uses salicylic acid to penetrate the skin more deeply to slough off dry, rough bumpy skin.