Last week’s blog discussed ThermiTight, a minimally invasive treatment for sagging necklines. This week we will discuss other options for enhancing and maintaining tighter, better looking skin on your neck.
Neck at risk for signs of aging
The skin on the neck is thinner and has less support structures and glands than the skin on the face making the neck area highly susceptible to signs of aging – wrinkles and lines, loose skin and blotches. To make matters worse, the neck is also one of the more sun-exposed areas of our body leaving it vulnerable to sun damage. Yet we often neglect the neck when it comes to daily care and protection.
Skin care regimen for your neck
For prevention and treatment, use your same facial anti-aging regimen on your neck. Most facial products are also good choices for application on the neck and even the décolletage of the chest. Just be sure to use caution with products that can cause irritation on more sensitive skin areas. These include Retinol/ Tretinoin, glycolic acid or alpha hydroxyl acid products and skin scrubs. Use these products less frequently than you do on the face and discontinue use for any irritation until irritation is completely resolved.
A great skin care product specifically formulated for the neck and décolletage is Nectifirm. Nectifirm contains peptides, plant extracts, and antioxidants that work cohesively to create a smoother, firmer, younger-looking neck. Nectifirm is one of our most popular products and repeat purchases are the norm!
Non-invasive procedures to enhance appearance of the neck
Once you have a good established skin routine, it is time to consider some treatments that can reverse the signs of aging and tighten and improve the appearance of neck skin.
Here are 5 non- invasive treatment solutions your neck will thank you for:
- Thermage– The original radio frequency (RF) treatment that has been used over 10 years to tighten the face, neck and body areas. The device tip is used to cool the surface of the skin, while the deeper tissue is altered by radio frequency heating. This not only tightens deeper skin tissue, but jumpstarts new collagen production, which occurs over a period of time
- Infini –RF system combined with fractional microneedleing to deliver RF heat precisely to the dermis at specific depths without affecting the upper layer of skin. Ideal solution to treat skin laxity, wrinkles, and scars
- Exilis – RF treatment that provides comfortable, gradual tissue heating for early or mild skin laxity- great for use as a primary treatment or for maintenance after other treatments.
- Fraxel Re:Store: The original and most popular fractional laser. Resurfaces damaged skin to reveal younger, more refreshed skin, improving the appearance of wrinkles, scars and age spots through a simple procedure with minimal downtime
- IPL- Intense Pulsed Light: Gotta “red neck”? IPL removes the red and brown skin tones that occur with sun damage.
Call us at (704) 333.9113 and schedule your consultation today. We are here to help you develop the ideal skin care regimen and/or treatment plan for your specific needs.
Outside normal business hours? Email us at email@example.com